Tributes flow for family of 3-year-old Alby Davis who choked on bouncy ball

Three-year-old boy choked on a bouncy ball and died in his pregnant mother's arms.
...

Many tears have been shed around Australia this week, and there has been an outpouring of condolences and sympathy online, after it was revealed the toddler son of a popular Instagrammer passed away after a tragic accident at the family home in Tasmania.

Anna Davis, who runs children's toy business The Small Folk, posted a tribute to her three-year-old son Alby Davis on her Instagram account.

She wrote: “Yesterday afternoon, our beautiful, beautiful Alby, our darling baby boy, grew wings and flew from this earth.
Minutes pass like hours and the gaping hole in our lives and hearts is completely incomprehensible. We adore you beyond belief, our sweet little fox. Forever three, forever free.”

A family friend set up a Go Fund Me page to raise money for Mrs Davis and her relief-teacher husband Simon to help them look after their daughter Sage and son Acre as they expect their fourth child.
More than $170,000 has been raised.

The Go Fund Me page reads:
“On Monday afternoon, the unimaginable for any parent occurred.
Darling Alby was playing with a bouncy ball that had arrived earlier that morning, in a package filled with party favours for his upcoming 4th birthday celebrations.
The ball became stuck in his windpipe, preventing his ability to breathe, and in a matter of seconds, despite his mama's frantic attempts to save him, he passed away in her arms.
This beautiful family need time to mourn and surround each other in love, without having the financial burdens of daily life and work commitments weighing on their minds.
As Simon is a relief teacher, he is not entitled to any leave, and as so many of you know, Anna is self-employed with her much-loved business, The Small Folk.”

Our heartfelt condolences go out to this family.

If you are in a position to donate, please visit: https://www.gofundme.com/the-small-folks-village

No comments